Forbes recently reported that “by 2020, many predict that freelancers will make up 50% of the labor force.”
I have worked with, and am seeing an increase in the number of clients that are start-up Soloprenuers and Consultants who are setting up a LinkedIn profile as their number one step of setting up their business – even before creating a website.
Often, having a strong LinkedIn profile is cheaper and faster for them to set up, they can hit the ground running and access their ideal buyers in corporate markets more easily.
Start-up Solopreners and Consultants can use LinkedIn to:
- Support establishment and positioning in their niche market.
- Leverage search engine optimisation with industry keywords allowing them to be found by their ideal audience.
- Nurture and strengthen relationships with clients and industry professionals that otherwise would be more difficult to identify and connect with.
- Position themselves to appeal to their ideal audience by tailoring language, communication messages and media plugins.
- Support expert positioning and increase visibility by curating, creating and commenting on content.
- Find and access their ideal buyers in a corporate marketplace by leveraging the advanced search functionality with LinkedIn.
As you can see, LinkedIn offers Start up Soloprenuers and Consultants a low cost tool to connect with their ideal audience, establish an online presence and connect with their ideal audience.