In today’s digital first world, where personal branding, professional networking and organisational reputation have shifted online, LinkedIn stands out as a key platform for corporate businesses in 2024.
Over the last 10 years, working with corporate businesses, I’ve seen firsthand how a LinkedIn Marketing Strategy can support corporate visibility, client acquisition, and the attraction of high-quality talent.
When working with corporate businesses, it is about developing the overarching strategy covering the 3 key areas. The 3 key areas are profile, content and communications, and then uplifting internal capabilities with coaching and training to support sustainable implementation.
When a corporate business has a strategy and the internal capabilities to support the sustainable implementation, the outcomes include:
Enhancing Corporate Branding and Visibility
In today’s market, a strong digital-first impression is crucial. LinkedIn provides a platform for corporate businesses to showcase their brand, culture, and values. A well-maintained LinkedIn company page reflects a company’s professionalism and commitment to staying connected and relevant. By regularly posting updates, achievements, and industry insights, businesses can enhance their visibility and establish themselves as leaders in their field.
Expanding Professional Networks and Opportunities
The opportunity to connect with industry leaders, potential clients, investors and stakeholders. By actively engaging on LinkedIn – through sharing insights, joining groups, and participating in discussions – businesses can significantly expand their professional network. This expansion often leads to new opportunities, collaborations, and avenues for growth.
Attracting and Recruiting Top Talent
LinkedIn is a primed for talent acquisition. With millions of users updating their skills and experiences in real-time, it’s easier than ever for businesses to find and recruit top talent. LinkedIn’s advanced search features allow corporate businesses to filter potential candidates based on specific criteria.
Furthermore, a strong corporate presence on LinkedIn can attract passive candidates – those not actively looking but open to new opportunities.
Networking Beyond Borders
LinkedIn removes geographical barriers, enabling corporate businesses to network globally. This international reach is crucial for businesses looking to expand their operations or enter new markets. By connecting with professionals and companies worldwide, businesses can gain insights into global trends and build an international presence.
Leveraging LinkedIn Analytics for Market Insights
One of LinkedIn’s most valuable features for businesses is its analytics. These tools provide insights into who is viewing your page, what content resonates with your audience, and how your reach is growing over time. This information is key for refining marketing strategies and understanding your impact in the industry.
Next Steps: If you are a corporate business, here are some steps to get started in developing your LinkedIn Marketing strategy.
- Overarching Strategy: Create an overarching strategy. This would define your LinkedIn Marketing objectives, goals, target audience, budget, compliance considerations and key performance metrics and tactics to achieve these outcomes.
- Audit and Assessment. Complete an audit of your company page across the audience and content performance, along with a review key team member profile, starting with your Executive, Business Development and Client-facing roles.
- Standards Documentation. Develop and implement standards in relation to LinkedIn profile presentation, onboarding and off boarding processes, sales leads management processes, an order of posting document and a Social Media policy.
- LinkedIn Content Marketing Strategy. Create a LinkedIn content marketing strategy that will outline your content-driven LinkedIn strategy including themes, content media and formats that aligns with the buying process.
- Lead Generation Activities. Document a LinkedIn lead generation strategy that will target and engage your ideal audience through reaching-out, connecting and engaging.
- Company Champions. Develop and nurture internal company champions to support internal implementation and increase organisational capability.
- Internal Training. Align the team with the strategy and develop capability through an initial workshop and embed learning with a follow-up education series.
- Capability Building. Provide mentoring, coaching, training and consulting for the internal champion (typically a Marketing or Sales management role) to support them being able to support the rest of the team in the long-term.
LinkedIn is not just a social network; it’s a strategic tool that can significantly impact a corporates growth and success. As a corporate, leveraging LinkedIn’s networking, branding, recruitment, analytics, and global reach capabilities can lead to substantial business advantages.
If you are interested in harnessing the power of LinkedIn as a growth engine for your corporate business or team, let’s have a chat! You can visit our website, book a time to chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.