In today’s digital first world, your online presence is not only key to attracting clients, but also to attracting candidates.
Potential team members are going to learn about your business online before applying for a role with your business.
The team from Capitalize recently surveyed more than 1,200 people to get their perspective. Among the key findings were:
- 80% of respondents look up the social media profiles of current staff when applying or even considering a position.
- 60% of prospective employees research a potential employer on LinkedIn before applying for a role within the business.
- Glassdoor (51%), Facebook (37%), and Twitter (36%) are also top social platforms potential employees look to for insight.
Build your brand by sharing content that shows what it is like to be part of the team in a way that aligns with your business values, mission and vision.
If you want to leverage LinkedIn to attract talent, here are some ways you can go beyond “We’re Hiring” post.
Some content concept ideas include:
– Shining the light on your team: Making the current team the starts of the story. Interview team members about themselves, what they do, and why they like doing it.
– Letting others do the talking: Sharing short conversations with your community of their experience working with your business.
– Showcasing your current team: Resharing some of THEIR social media posts on the company page.
– Engaging in the community: Illustrating experiences of the team within the community and volunteer contributions.
– Celebrating success: Announcing promotions, new team member, work anniversaries, personal achievements, and team member successes.
– Getting visual: Giving a behind the scenes look at the work environment and office, you could include photos of willing employees working from home, training events and meetings.
– Sharing your community: Supporting and promoting others who contribute to the community, or events related to your industry, mission, or core values.
Do you want to learn more about the different types of content and when you would use them across your broader LinkedIn strategy? Join us for our complimentary webinar, “What strategies and types of content should I use on LinkedIn in 2022?”. You can register here.
You can also contact us here if you have any questions.